Thursday, February 1, 2007

Bipolar Bears

This afternoon while Abigail and Sam were napping, I baked some cinnamon rolls and read the newspaper. A synopsis of the news (arranged according to my level of interest): the price of tortillas is soaring, causing outraged Mexicans to demand price fixing (ouch!). Three babies were born on Interstate 5 in Seattle last week. Oh yeah, there’s also some football game on Sunday. Actually a vast majority of articles were related to the Super Bowl. A local man wrote a commercial that might air. The city of Fort Wayne sent gift baskets to both coaches. Chicago has two players with the last name Manning. Peyton Manning had to do the Tango in an eighth grade school play.

What is more bizarre to me than the fact that they print such articles, is the fact that I seriously enjoy reading them. I find myself curious to know more. Paul has decided to root for the Bears, and I (still being grateful for all the upgrades to my college dorm) will root for the Colts. Neither of us actually cares a whole lot, but since we are spending the weekend in Chicago, I will keep my mouth shut.

Last night, I went out to buy a stripper. And I was rather surprised to learn that this required showing my ID. Seriously! I have this antique walnut hutch in my basement, and I have been meaning to strip the paint off for a long time. I am hoping it is in relatively good shape under the paint. But now that I have a stripper it shouldn’t be long before I know. After all I found a round “tuit” in my coat pocket the other day when I was cleaning the closet.

We did get the basement painted, and have set up a play area for the kids. There is still a lot of work to be done, but the hardest parts are accomplished.

Abigail has been running around today saying bipolar bears. I have never encountered a bipolar bear in my life, but I do not think it would be a pleasant experience. I finally realized that she probably got the idea from hearing her daddy talk about bipolar junction transistors. We are having a party to celebrate Sammy having his feeding tube out on Sun. Feb. 25th. Eventually I will send invitations, but if you are interested in coming, by all means don’t wait on my slow self. Just ask for information.

1 comment:

David said...

I misread your post in an amusing way. You said:

"the price of tortillas is soaring, causing outraged Mexicans to demand price fixing (ouch!). Three babies were born on Interstate 5 in Seattle last week."

I thought you said "These babies", refering back to the outraged Mexicans (who, by the way, are babies if they want price fixing, although it is unlikely many of them were born on the interstate). I bought some torillas last week. Man, they're cheap!

And then you said you needed an ID to get a stripper. I sure hope so!