Thursday, October 25, 2007

What is with our overly sexualized society?

First, I read in a friend's blog about the "Mom Job", plastic surgery just for moms who want to get their old shape back (this includes lipo, tummy tucks, breast lifts and augmentation). Because without plastic surgery it's basically impossible to look like you did before.

Then, I learn that JK Rowling intended for professor Dumbledore to be gay in the Harry Potter books.

Next, I'm listening to the radio and a Christian author is discussing how Men's sexuality is normal. And he goes on to explain that it is normal and natural for men to think about sex all the time and to perceive women's actions in a sexual manner. For instance, at a party a guy sees a girl across the room, she smiles at him, he smiles back. She thinks "wow he seems nice, he must want to be my friend." He thinks "wow she must be interested in me sexually!" (Please, guys, tell me you really aren't so sex-focussed)

Then the pastor's wife tells me about another church in the denomination where they are conflicted as to what to do because the youth pastor's wife has gotten breast augmentation and is dressing in a manner that shows off her chest.

Then, I hear about a website where men can anonymously donate money to help women who can't afford breast implants get them.

Chastity and Modesty sure seem highly undervalued these days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(Please, guys, tell me you really aren't so sex-focussed)

You really can't peg the 6.6B+ human population on a sense of duty.