Tuesday, October 2, 2007

prenatal soccer?

Have you ever lain awake at night watching your stomach move around into all sorts of crazy positions? No? Let me tell you, Naomi is quite the mover. I am not sure if it's kick boxing or what it is she's doing in there.

I can barely keep my eyes open, and yet there's not a chance I'm going to sleep. When Abigail used to do this I would walk on the treadmill until she'd fall asleep. Yes, babies do like to be rocked to sleep even in utero. But I am physically so worn out there's not a chance I could mill enough treads.

I spent much of today cleaning the house. While not spotless, it looks pretty good. The women's Bible study met here tonight. I am leading the study for the next few weeks . We just started an eight week study of Colossians. It went very well. The only disappointment was a relatively low attendance. Also I was the only participant under age fifty. Do young women think a straight scripture study will be boring? The last time I tried to lead a study I invited only young women, and none of them came.

Ah well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Do young women think a straight scripture study is boring?"

Not the ones I know - and especially not the ones in the study I'm co-leading. Then again, we're grad students...not exactly the most representative bunch.

PS. I like the name Naomi! (Not that my opinion really matters...). Anyway, I wasn't sure if I had told you that before (or if I had heard her name before, for that matter!)