Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Snowman building

Abigail has been telling me often lately that she wants to play in the snow. And every time the outdoor temperature drops below sixty she expects there to be snow. No luck yet.

But yesterday we built "snowmen". We used washcloths, pipe cleaners (or for you craft snobs, they were actually "chenille twists") felt, googly eyes, and buttons.

Abigail was able to make hers mostly on her own. Sam required more help. Isaac held his while I glued things on it. It was a pretty good method. We had a lot of fun.

So today the children are running around the house with their creations yelling "Snowmans! Snowmans!"

I love my job.

A few days ago I read a blog meme where you're supposed to share what would be your ideal job.

My ideal job: Mommy!

Only I would be able to just be a mommy, someone else would do the laundry, the cleaning, the cooking (except when I wanted to). All I would have to do is be the mommy (and of course the wife too). I'd like to think I'd do a better job at wife and mommy if there weren't so many things to do.

Ah well, no one gets the ideal job. I'll just settle for pretty darn close. At least I don't have to worry about getting fired.

But before I continue on, I better go pack Paul's lunch.

No comments: