Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Today we went to the lake. Chain O' Lakes state park to be precise. It was a fun day of swimming and canoing, and my muscles will ache for some time I am sure.

It is fun to watch my father be a grandpa. I had to laugh despite my frustration, when he gave in to Abigail's pleas to let him return to the water to swim longer. As a child my father was wrapped around my finger. He believed I did no wrong (he might still). My mother would see right through me, but my daddy would let me get away with anything.

I see so many children these days who have no daddy to take care of them. Or if there father is physically present, he fails to care for his children. And when I see that I am so glad I had a father who cared. I will always remember fondly how my dad taught me to ride a bike. Or how he would sit and read to me. Or how he would make up the most ridiculous stories to explain the simplest things.

I always knew my daddy loved me. Thank you, Dad!

No comments: