Sunday, June 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Abigail!

Today my little Honey Bee turned four. We had a small party, complete with a giraffe cake (I'll post pictures of it on the baking blog sometime). Paul made Abigail a gymnastics bar for her Birthday, he is also working on a balance beam. Abigail also received many other wonderful gifts. And fortunately, not a whole lot of toys.

In case you were wondering, since I haven't posted for so long. I have completed 1-4 in the Harry Potter series. Anne can't seem to find book 5, so I can't start that just yet. I've also read some of the fan predictions about what will happen in book seven. For the rest of you Potter fans, I will make some of my own.

-Voldemort will be defeated (this is kind of a duh!)

-Dumbledore will return. (I'm hoping for a resurrection, but I expect him back somehow--maybe in his portrait)

-Snape will turn out to actually be a good guy, and he will die.

-At least one Weasley will be killed.

-Harry and Ginny will wind up back together.

-Draco Malfoy will repent of his evilness (here's hoping!)

Well what do you think? Anybody else out there impatient for book 7?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! It is amazing how time flies! I'm looking forward to seeing the giraffe cake pictures.

I am inclined to agree with you that Dumbledore returns somehow. Given all those Phoenixes hanging around at the funeral, and the fact that Dumbledore didn't seem too upset about the whole matter of dying, I have a hard time believing he'll stay dead.

The past two books my sister Lea had her name in early on the library request list, so consequently I read the book earlier than I otherwise would've. This time she is not quite so high on the list, so we'll see when it comes.

What do you think will happen to Neville? As for Snape, your prediction sounds reasonable. I would say that he is ultimately on the "good" side, but in attempting to be a double agent to get information about the bad guys he has been put between a rock and a hard place. But who knows?

Shae said...

I don't know what will happen to Neville, but I am certain he has a very important role in the story and that he will do something really cool. I would not be at all surprised if he ends up dead.

Also on Dumbledore's potential resurrection, I think he is supposed to be the Christ figure in the story. I am wondering if maybe Harry is one of the Horcruxes and for some reason Dumbledore's death was necessary in order for Harry to be saved.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm looking forward to Book 7 as well! (It's strange working with people who don't seem to care...) I just need to (re)read the first six before then. Shaelin, you can borrow my copy if Anne's is still in circulation the next time we see each other (assuming the book has come out by then, of course)!

Manda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL!!! Congratulations to Shaelin and Paul as well on raising such wonderful children, and being great parents. How about a prayer for Abigail and the family in lieu of a present?

a prayer for continued blessings,
-Manda.