Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fly Away

The last few days have been a little rough. Besides having to take a trip to Riley for Sammy to have some tests, I also managed to forget (without realizing it until today) to take my thyroid medicine. I have pretty much been a walking zombie.

And speaking of zombies, I'm really in the mood to read some crazy escapist literature. If I can't actually get away, then at least I could let my mind get away for awhile. On this count I am longing for the new Harry Potter book. When it does come out (sometime next month) I won't get to read it right away. I will need to borrow it. I will borrow it from Anne, and I don't think I am number one on the borrowing list.

Maybe I will reread the earlier books too. I only have vague recollections of what happens in 1-5. It's been so long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read the series you gave grandma last year? The Shunning, The Confession, and the Reckoning by Beverly Lewis are easy escapism reading.

Kathy said...

When I visited a friend of mine from Rose (the one who got married in Ft Wayne last summer), she suggested anything by Ted Dekker. So far I have read Black and Red (I have yet to read the 3rd in the series, White). They are interesting. It took me a few chapters in the first book to get into the swing of the story line. I think they definately classify as escapism.