Monday, January 15, 2007

Dora, Dora, Dora!

Last night as I was making dinner, Abigail said to me "Don't I look like Dora?" For those of you who have seen both Dora The Explorer and Abigail, you know that there is virtually no resemblance. But I didn't want to disappoint my little girl so I said "yes, of course." I could rationalize this that at least they are both little girls, even if Abigail has blond hair and blue eyes.
A few moments later, Abigail went to her Daddy and casually informed him "I'm Dora!" Since then she has insisted that she is Dora. She will not respond to her own name!
I don't want to fight her. But I don't know if it is wise to call her Dora. But at least if I ask Dora to do something she usually responds cheerfully. However, if I ask Abigail, I get a temper tantrum followed by a time out (this was true before the Dora thing started).
Why don't they tell you about these things before you have children.

No comments: