Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Summer New Years

It was nice at the New Years Party to be able to grill outside, and to not have to worry about snowy road conditions. I think the runners didn't mind not having to layer up either.

For this reason it has been mentioned that perhaps we should permanently move the New Years party to Labor Day, or some other day in the summer time.

Personally, I don't want to move the party. I love having a New Years Eve bash. I certainly am sad that I won't be able to host one this year. Besides there are some people who find it easier to come in the winter time. However, I do have to admit that a summer party is also appealing.

So why not two parties. Perhaps we can have an annual labor day bash and a New Years bash. Besides, who says we can't get together multiple times in a year.

What does everyone think?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So, in an attempt to be no help at all, here is a list of thoughts that argue the issue both ways:

1. It was nice to not have to pack winter running gear. At the same time, there is some crazy part of me that enjoys running in the snow. Warm weather is better for the child in the jogging stroller. (It would be neat to find a road-race someday)

2. Road conditions. If there is ever a blizzard before New Year's, I'll be stuck in Cleveland.

3. Time off -- I no longer have shutdown between Christmas and New Years, so it doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

4. In favor of Labor Day, it is always on a Monday, so that makes for a long weekend. However, it is a month or 2 before Rose Homecoming.

While I try to keep myself busy around where I live now, there are still few set-in-stone commitments that would hinder my traveling (which I remind myself I should be more thankful for).

You're right about the part that there is no law saying we can only get together once a year. I enjoy seeing parts of my "Rose Family" whenever possible. Perhaps the only good thing about living so far apart is I value my visits that much more.