Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New Years, Part II

The trip to Ft. Wayne and back was quite nice. There was a little bit of construction on 24 near Defiance OH, however, traffic was moving at the construction speed limit so it wasn't a big problem. I must admit, as I was driving past lines of construction vehicles, I made an attempt to see what types there were, and wondered if there were any machines that my company has done work with. I didn't get that good a look though, seeing as I had to concentrate on that whole matter of driving. Speaking of work, there were brownies today in honor of the company's 3rd birthday (it came into being when Euclid-Hitachi left Euclid OH).

Getting back to the New Year's party/weekend...

I learned this weekend that:
  • a four-year old can learn the phrase "hand sanitizer."
  • running on New Year's in September is warmer than on Jan. 1
  • 9 adults and 3 children can survive in a house with 1 bathroom and only have a line people get up early for church on Sunday
  • "bunderbolts" is a word (at least in the world of some assembly required furniture)
  • on should inspect the area you're placing a piece of furniture before completely assembling said piece
  • Dr. Sherman's quote "Art Modell is a chiseling weasel" is a quote that will live in infamy forever... or at least as long as it is common ground between the Steelers' fans and me
  • Even the best laid plans for a game can go awry when the roll of the dice does not correspond with the posted probabilities
  • whoever estimated the length of time for such games does not know my friends
  • the "camera priest" (so named because of a homily... long story) has been reassigned from Scared Heart (which is too bad)
  • one should bring bug spray and limit the amount of exposed skin (ie wear long sleeved shirt, long pants) to a drive-in theater
In addition to these life lessons, there was Saturday Night Baking on Saturday morning, and time spent around young children and Rose friends. Probably lots of other stuff that neither Shaelin nor I have discussed; but there's only so much rambling I can do at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't let me have the instructions for assembly. Also, if there is only one screwdriver somebody else should wield it.

Moreover, not only is hand sanitizer in the vocabulary of the four-year-old. It is also in the vocabulary of the two-year-old.

Kathy said...

I couldn't remember if the two-year-old could or not, so I figured I would play it safe and mention the four-year-old.

Sometimes I wonder if instead of "comprehensive instructions" truth in advertising would be require them to be called "vague suggestions." Because, to be blunt, those instructions made me feel I was doing stuff wrong -- which is why I gave them to you in the hope that you would better understand them. While it was fun to assemble, I was more than happy to turn it over to the guys to figure out how to get the shelf behind the toilet.