Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spanking

So I don't know how all of you feel about spanking children. I think it's best to reserve spanking for occasional use. And usually I give my children time-out. Abigail gets spanked more than the others because she is the most defiant. And I have resorted to light swats for Isaac, because he just doesn't get the whole time out thing yet. But at 15 months he can understand "when I reach for the outlet Mommy swats my hand".

But I almost never spank Sam. He doesn't need it. Generally ten seconds of time-out is more than enough to permanently alter any behavior problem he has.

Well I spanked him tonight.

I was mopping the floor when the phone rang. I went to get the phone and when I was about done talking (a quick "no sorry Paul's not home), I saw Sam head for the mop water (containing lysol) and start drinking it. I ran to him, picked him up and smacked his behind before taking him to time-out.

Hopefully he got the message.

I don't regret it, but I certainly hope I don't need tO AGW1I1wqq1wA1 Q QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ` ` IN

TONIGHt's interrup`tion brought to you by Isaac.

1 comment:

roerte said...

o.O That's an excellent time for a spanking, yes.

Hi, Isaac!

(relurks)