Friday, August 3, 2007

Good-bye Potter!

So we finished book seven last night. All in all I thought it was a lovely book. My biggest complaint is that it resolved too quickly and that there were quite a few gaps I would have liked filled. I would have preferred at least one more chapter of resolution. This does not mean I was displeased with the story, despite my predictions being in many ways wrong.

Monica, if you are still worried about Rowling's dealing with Snape, I would say that you don't have to worry. I won't say more, but I think most readers will find the revelations about his character and motivations to be satisfying.

I will also say that I was obviously wrong about Dumbledore being a Christ figure. I still think the books can be considered Christian books (although the Christianity in them is implicit rather than explicit). Hopefully, we will get Rowling's word on this though.

3 comments:

M LO said...

I finished a couple of days ago. I am most pleased with the outcomes, Snape's included. Without a doubt, he's my most favorite character by far.

Kathy said...

I finished the book this evening!

John R.P. Russell said...

I, for one, am disappointed in both Snape and Dumbledore. Snape remains my favorite character - by far the most dynamic character in the series - but he is sadly not redeemed, though misrepresented as such.