Saturday, July 28, 2007

Checkbook Balanced!

This is kind of a recurring theme in my life. I let the checkbook get sorely out of whack. And then I attempt to balance it. I am terrible about writing anything in the ledger. I write down the checks, but then I forget about the direct deposits automatic withdrawals and ATM transactions.
I hadn't really gone through the checkbook since April, so you can imagine it was pretty bad. It didn't help that the Fifth Third site kept kicking me off for being online too long. But now it's all squared away. And I am ready to whack myself over the head repeatedly with a blunt object.

Paul and Abigail are out on a bike ride together. It makes me happy just thinking about it. It is so great when daddy's take time to spend with their little girls. I suspect there would be a lot less really messed up women out there if father's spent more time with their daughters.

I still haven't ready the new Harry Potter book yet. It's killing me. I know I will have a lot of spare time the next couple of days, so I have been making myself wait for it. It's hard to resist staring longingly at the cover though. Paul isn't helping either. "Did you hear that Voldemort turns into Hermione?" , "Did you hear that Dumbledore creates an army of space aliens?", "Did you hear that Harry and Malfoy are actually brothers?"

Actually I have heard too much.

3 comments:

David said...

I have never once even attempted to balance my checkbook. I just try to make sure it stays bigger than my automatic withdraws. It's worked so far, though I admit there is some occasional anxiety.

By the way, Hogwarts closes down and becomes an old folks home. Voldemort retires from evil and becomes a dog breeder. Harry graduates and realizes he doesn't have any marketable skills. He delivers pizza until he's 35 and then is promoted to branch manager.

Shae said...

Thanks for your "spoilers" Dave.

Paul and I spent most of yesterday reading while at Riley with Sammy. We're about half-way through now.

I would say that after everything Harry's going through in this book, he would be more than happy to spend his life delivering pizzas.

David said...

Especially with the promise of a promotion in the future...

Monica finished yesterday. She was talking about it with a friend and I had to keep asking, "What's that?" "Why'd he do that?" They told me to shut up.