Monday, August 13, 2007

Random Updates

Last night youth group went relatively well. Attendance was low. Only two kids ( a brother and sister) came, but they had a lot of fun. We played Apples to Apples, had a short discussion about popularity (it seemed like a good start of the year topic), and then we played DDR and Ping-Pong. We used the ping-pong rule that as long as you can hit the ball it's still in play, which made for some interesting games.

Our visit from Grandma and Cheryl went well too. We took the kids to Science Central on Saturday. They all learned a lot about science, especially Isaac who slept the entire time. Sammy's favorite part was the Mastodon adventure game, which he won. And Abigail's favorite part was the moonwalk exhibit. I think they also enjoyed making "edible clouds" at least they liked the part that involved eating marshmallows.

Friday night I got a phone call from an ecstatic Anne. She now has a job in the Library at Summit Middle School (where I went). She starts Wednesday. This is not quite a teaching job, but it is a step closer. It will also be a much better environment than the school she worked in last year (as an assistant in an emotionally disturbed classroom).

I think I need to go shopping this week. I need to look through my clothes to see if I have stuff that is suitable to wear for camping. Currently not much fits, but I won't be this precise size for very long. I also need new blue jeans because the ones I have are starting to fall apart. I am thinking that I am better off sticking with regular jeans that are low-waisted since maternity jeans never seem to fit right.

I guess that's enough randomness for now. Two of three children are now up from their naps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Anne. In fact, I imagine that being a middle school librarian is much better than being a middle school teacher. Much calmer.