Monday, May 28, 2007

The party's over...

... and we're alive to tell the tale.

My sister Lea was Confirmed Sunday. Mark graduates High School tomorrow night. Mom decided the best course of action was to have the family over on Sunday after the Confirmation in honor of them both (I most heartily agree).

So that meant cleaning the house, buying food and cooking food. While the bakery is almost gone now, the rest of the food will take a few days to finish off. Thankfully the weather co-operated and most of the people spent their time outside. Note on buying plastic outdoor furniture -- avoid white, it gets stained and then perpetually looks dirty too easily. (yay for beach towels to try to hide this fact.)

By the time the extended family left, I was tired and stuffed. I found out one of my uncles used to work in the building I currently work in (back when it was owned by another company).

Saturday and Monday I got to go out running while mom rode the bike. Saturday we managed to juggle errands and running to avoid the rain.

The Confirmation was nice. The auxiliary bishop has a homily comprised of several stories. My mother is convinced that there is one story that he includes in every single homily (my youngest sister is in the children's choir which has sang at the confirmations for several years now). Between the Masses I've been to celebrated by this bishop (for a variety of occasions) I'd have to agree with her. For the "Come Lord Jesus, send us Your Spirit, renew the face of the earth" song, the choir did the harmony. This reminded me of Rose White Chapel Mass, the music group... and Siberia, which is a long story Loree might remember.

Now after the graduation tomorrow, the insanity will end. Or maybe return to its normal levels?

No comments: