Tuesday, May 1, 2007

No more picking up chicks for us...

I have always loved picking up chicks...

Seriously.

At the zoo they have a farm section with goats who eat your clothing and chicks that you can hold. They used to have the chicks in this big thing you could reach into and pick them up.

Well today I took my bunch to the zoo. And all the way Abigail talked about how much fun it was going to be to pick up chicks. Well now they put a glass wall around the chicks and you can't pick them up. If their is a zoo staff person present then they can get one out for you to hold. But there was no one around to ask today.

But at least we still got to have our clothing eaten. They didn't have any goat food for sale; they usually do. The sign said the goats were over fed today. The goats didn't think so. This was another disappointment since Abigail had brought her allowance money to buy goat food. Instead we bought duck food. But there weren't any ducks who wanted to eat so we settled for feeding the geese. There were some really cute fuzzy tennis balls (aka goslings) wandering around. Sammy wanted to pet them. I made him stay away.

All in all the kids had a great time. I think they enjoyed the fish the most. Unfortunately, our visit was cut short by rain. But we will go again soon. It's great having a zoo pass (Thanks Manda and Tony!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I first came to Fort Wayne you said to me (something like), "Want to go to the zoo with Anne and me and pick up chicks?"

Good thing I did it while I could.