Monday, May 28, 2007

First Steps

Isaac is walking now. He has been so close for so long. I am really excited.

Now for some a complete change of subject:

The other day I decided (there might have been a poky stick involved) to start a Bible study for young women. I am going to invite about eight women to come to my home once a week for eight weeks. I think we will study Colossians.

Since several of the women involved have small children, I need to make some kind of childcare arrangements. I am hoping that maybe I can get some of the older ladies in the church to volunteer to come over and watch children. If not we can always hire a couple of teenagers.

I feel woefully inadequate to lead a study. And that is okay. I am inadequate. That just means that I will have to rely on the power of Christ. And trust me, we're all a lot better off that way.

In other notes. Last week was really difficult because Paul was out of town for several days. Paul's mom came to help with the kids, which was really great. But it still wore on all of us to have Paul gone. He had a reasonably good time in Florida. The day he got back he bought me some very pretty flowers to plant in my flower garden.

And the gift he brought me? A chocolate cell phone. It was yummy. Paul also brought seashells for Abigail, a puzzle for Sam and a bear for Isaac.

My good friend Jess came to visit on Saturday. We had a good time catching up and reminiscing. We even went to Fazoli's for old-time's sake. Fortunately, there were enough breadsticks so we did not have to call the restaurant (from the dining room) to complain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shae, I got a new one-time-use cellphone, but I am having trouble figuring out how to use it. Can you help me? <Pull out chocolate phone>

The flowers look very nice in our front yard, probably because the kids helped plant them.

Kathy said...

Yay for Isaac walking!
That sounds like a cell phone that would receive good reception!

Good luck with the Bible Study.

Ah, Fazoli's. The thing I remember most about that place is how Sr Carmen tried to convince me on numerous occasions that I "wanted" (and "had time") to go there after the 7 pm Mass with some of the other collegians. (I can count on one hand the number of times I went).

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Isaac has been almost walking for a long time. When did he finally get brave enough to take off?

mirtft said...

Hooray for Issac!

I'm sorry that you had such a long week. Aat the same time, it shows how awesome You and Paul are when working together. :-)