Monday, October 27, 2008

You Betcha!

When I got home from the rally on Saturday, Paul asked "Was it everything you hoped it would be?"

Naw, probably not. We spent nearly two hours waiting outside in the cold, and my dad ended up taking the kids home. So it was just mom and me. (Afterwards we walked to Ruby Tuesday and had some spinach artichoke dip while we waited for my dad to come pick us up).

The long line was related to the secret service and their zealous security. And some poorly planned out directing of people.

Because of the wait, we missed hearing congressman Mark Souder (I am no too disappointed by that really). I'm much more disappointed that we only got to hear Hank play two songs. Then Dan Coats (former senator) introduced Lt. Governor Becky Skillman (I'd never heard her speak before, and was fairly impressed. And Skillman introduced Palin.

My first thought was "Wow, she's tiny!" I admit that from the nosebleed section of the coliseum, anyone would look tiny. But the truth is that she just seemed so much thinner and more petite than I imagined. My second thought was "I want her boots" She had totally awesome boots.

I was pretty impressed by Palin. I'm not sure that she was the wisest choice for McCain. But she does not at all seem to be the dunce that she has been depicted as. Honestly, it seems that the campaign has highlighted all of her weaknesses and none of her strengths.

Well anyway, I had a good time. Would I do it again? No. But it was worth it.

And a special thanks the to the FWFD who gave us blankets while we stood in line.

No comments: