Friday, October 31, 2008

Chicago Pictures attempted

I promised some pictures from our trip to Chicago, and I am finally going to post some.

Abby is at mass with Papa this morning. Every Friday, St. Elizabeth's has a mass for the school children (geared to about a 7 yr old level).

Today is reformation day. And alot of my protestant friends celebrate the day. But I have trouble with that. Despite the fact that I believe a great deal of good came from the reformation, it seems so ugly to celebrate a rift in the universal church. But I do think it is a good time to teach the differences between different denominations and such. So I thought it would be good for Abby to go to a Catholic mass. My dad has promised he isn't going to try to convert her "at least not yet."

My dad is sometimes a little offensive in his pro-Catholic view point. I do very much respect his faith. And I think that he respects mine. But when you think you are right about something, it is sometimes hard to show adequate respect for the viewpoints of another.

And it is perfectly okay to believe that someone else is wrong.

Anyway, the boys are enjoying their morning playing with trucks and tractors, with no one to boss them around.

okay, I've tried four times to upload pictures... maybe another day...

No comments: