Thursday, October 23, 2008

My children have been playing so well together today. It's really sweet. Even Omi is playing with them. Right now they are building a hospital from duplos with their "unstruction quipment" Earlier they were playing they were playing "Pharoah" which was actually a sort of reenactment of Exodus. Isaac played the role of pharoah, which involved him removing everything but his underwear (or underwee as he calls them). Omi played the role of baby Moses (who had to be hid -- by having a blanket put over her head).

I have actually been sort of lazy today, because the children are doing such a good job of entertaining themselves.

Tomorrow I am taking Sam and Abby to a political rally. Paul will watch the older two. Sarah Palin is speaking at the coliseum. My dad went and got tickets today at Republican headquarters. I am not entirely thrilled by McCain. But I don't see any alternative but supporting him, given my very adamant pro-life stance. And I am sort of curious about Sarah Palin.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Mole Day!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, It's embarrassing - I spent EIGHT HOURS yesterday TAing a senior-level chemistry lab. And no one (myself included) realized it was Mole Day. How sad...

...on a different note...I'm curious to hear about the rally...I've never thought a rally sounded like a fun (or even interesting) way to spend time. It seems like it would just be a lot of waiting around with a lot of people to hear the main speaker spout the usual talking points. (Yes, I'm a cynic when it comes to politics. And I don't like crowds. At all.) I was rather disgusted (and slightly amused) after the Obama rally here at MSU to hear people on the bus the next day talking about how it was the best experience of their life, followed by the comment that they never actually saw Obama (they were behind the Port-A-Potties), and could barely hear him. I think they need to get out more....

Shae said...

I am excited about the rally, actually. I've never been to one. And I think the people you spoke to sound like crazies! I would not go to a political rally if I could not see the candidate.

But I expect this to be fun. Plus Hank Williams Jr. is performing (I know you're not a country music fan).

And I am also calling it school for the children. I know Sam's a little young, but Abby is old enough to start understanding the political process. And it seems like this might help make it seem more real.