Friday, October 24, 2008

Warming Up

I was just reading in the news that "they" did a study on the effect of drinking hot drinks to socialization. It turns out that people drinking hot coffee "warm up" to people more quickly than those drinking iced coffee.

So if you want to make a good impression on someone, maybe you should buy them a cup of hot coffee. Or chai latte (my preferred hot drink).

And speaking of warming up, warm up time is by far my children's favorite part of gymnastics. First they dance a dance. Then they do there stretches by pretending to cook something. (Each time they have to get something out they have to reach for one of their feet).

Coach Pat: "What should we make today?"
Sam: "Pasta"
Coach Pat: "Emma, what should we put on our pasta?"
Emma: "Cake"
Coach Pat: "Cake on Spaghetti? Okay, get out the cake?"

Isaac when asked always says hot dogs. Regardless of what they are making. There was a little girl who used to be in Sam's class who always answered "Princess!"

Abby's class is not quite as funny, they seem to get the idea.

Then they do butterfly stretches and sing "I'm flying, I'm flying"

Their coach is oodles of fun. He makes great sound effects, and jokes and plays. But he is also good at getting the children to mind.

They have been playing gymnastics class lately. This consists of doing all of the warm up activities, and then doing forward rolls. Then at the end they get stamps on their hands. Abby does the stamps by writing on her brothers and herself with a magic marker.

2 comments:

M LO said...

Two things-

I love the "they" in quotations because it's so true. "They" sure do a lot of studies, don't they?. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that "they" also messed up the economy. The usage is so funny.

And I've been using a new cream in my coffee lately- vanilla chai spice. It is so so so good. You should get some. And yes, this is your SIL and not some spokesperson for Coffee-Mate. HA.

Shae said...

I'll have to try that. The only flavored cream I've really tried is the gingerbread, which is sort of weird, but I kind of liked it too.