Saturday, April 14, 2007

What type of homemaker are you?

Aprons- Y/N?
I own one that Sammy gave me for Christmas, and when I think of it I wear it. Based on the number of stains on my clothing this is not nearly enough.

Baking- Favorite things to bake:
Blueberry muffins! Duncan Hines mix.

Clothesline- Y/N?
We have one. I used it the first summer we were married (i.e. before children)

Donuts- Have you ever made them?
No, but I've made bagels.

Every day- One homemaking thing you do every day.
Feed the children?

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freeze?
We have two.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N?
Yes, and I have destroyed many pieces of silverware in it.

What is your favorite homemaking resource?
My Mother

Ironing- Love it or hate it?
Hate it. Actually, for several months there has been an unknown sticky substance on the iron that I keep forgetting to clean off, so every time I try to iron I get sticky gunk on the clothes.

Junk Drawer- Y/N? Where is it?
Define "junk"?

Kitchen: Design and Decorating-
Roosters all the way!

Love- what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Playing with the children.

Mop- Y/N?
Before we got married Paul made me promise to let him do all the mopping. Mostly I do. Except sometimes the floor gets so sticky you can hardly walk across it. When this happens I think about mopping. And eventually I do actually mop if there is company coming over.

Nylons- wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I was them in the machine, then when I go to put them on I realize they have holes in them, so I throw them away. Then, if at all possible I do not wear them.

Oven- Do you use the window or open the door to check?
It depends what I'm cooking. But usually I open the door.

Pizza- what do you put on yours?
Everyone else I've seen did not see how this was a homemaking question. I do. I use whatever kind of leftover meat and veggies we have (taco meat and green beans anyone?). Unless it is summer, and then I use zucchini (I am excellent at growing zuchini.

Quiet- what do you do during the day to get a quiet moment-
It's only quiet if the children are sleeping.

Recipe box- Y/N?
No, but I have a recipe book into which I cram random papers with recipes on them.

Style of House-
Messy

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N.
I own probably half a dozen tablecloths, but my table is naked (except for the clutter) because Isaac likes to pull on the tablecloth and send everything flying onto the floor.

Under the sink- organized or toxic wasteland?
Which sink? Actually both are pretty organized.

Vacuum- How many times per week?
As many times as Sammy has therapists coming to the house. I hate vacuuming

Wash- how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
12 maybe. And I'm still always behind.


X's- Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No. But I sometimes make a list of things for Paul to do. And I make a grocery list, and then forget to take it to the store.

Yard- Y/N. Who does what?
I love our yard. I do the fun stuff like gardening and landscaping. (It looks pretty bad right now). And then whenever a random neighbor kid shows up at the door wanting to mow we hire him. If there are no neighbor kids for a long time, either Paul mows, or my dad.

So what does everyone else have to say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime I will post a to do article from 1951. We've come a long way. Mostly for the better in this area, I think.

roerte said...

Aprons- Y/N?
No. I guess that'll change. Maybe.

Baking- Favorite things to bake:
Pizza. Breadstuffs.

Clothesline- Y/N? No.

Donuts- Have you ever made them?
I wish.

Every day- One homemaking thing you do every day. Cook?

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N?
Yes.

What is your favorite homemaking resource?
...I wing it. And sometimes I ask my mom.

Ironing- Love it or hate it? Hate.

Junk Drawer- Y/N? Where is it? Yes, and yes.

Kitchen: Design and Decorating-
I'd love to, but it was renovated by the prev. owners just 2 years ago.

Love- what is your favorite part of homemaking?
The whole semi-schedule thing.

Mop- Y/N?
Yes, but I like to clear everything first, and that almost never happens. So, ... not really.

Nylons- wash by hand or in the washing machine? hand wash, but I've not used any since the wedding.

Oven- Do you use the window or open the door to check?
Yes.

Pizza- what do you put on yours?
pepperoni, sausage, cheese, pineapple chunks, onions, peppers, stuffs

Quiet- what do you do during the day to get a quiet moment-
...

Recipe box- Y/N? working on it

Style of House-
needs work

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N.
No, but we have some from well-meaning relatives.

Under the sink- organized or toxic wasteland?
sort-of organized, and for that I'm glad.

Vacuum- How many times per week?
Hate.

Wash- how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
5ish + diapers ~8ish

X's- Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I try, oh, how I try.

Yard- Y/N. Who does what? I mowed before I got lightheadedness over the summer (== once), and we both weeded and sort of planned out a garden. He did most of it, though.