Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Suggestion That Has Nothing To Do With It

"It" being the previous semi-coherent blather on TV.

I really like to start projects, but I finish probably about a quarter of them. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Such habits were the motivation behind National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo, or, in layman's terms, November), but even armed with the knowledge that people just like me were striving to pound out a novel in thirty days, I have yet to actually win that challenge.

However, I find myself more motivated to finish things when I drag others in on the fun. "Misery loves company," as the adage goes. With that joyful thought in mind, I present a reworking of something at least Kathy and Shae should remember:

Saturday Night Baking!

Now hear me out: I do, in fact, realize that none of us are in any position to regularly visit someplace, steal the use of its oven, and make goodies whilst booting every male from the vicinity. However, I do like to cook/bake things, and I know other people do, too. But I either get bored of everything I cook, or just forget that the recipe is somewhere in the back of my mind, and never pull it out for dinner (what, recipe book? I dunno what you're talking about).

So every Friday, I'm going to (attempt to) post about something I'm making for the weekend, and invite others to do the same. An alternative would be to pick a recipe for everyone to make for the weekend (have it rotate, like Shae comes up with one on one week, and so on), and offer variations/comments/results. Like, say, SUPER DUPER CHOCOLATE COOKIES become SUPER DUPER CHOCOLATE COOKIE CAKE. Or something. It doesn't even have to be baking (I say this because there's a limit to how much sweet stuff I can take).

So there's my random idea. What do you think? (the rotation thing might involve actually making another joint blog, hm, so this one can stay the cheerios-sanity-booster, but it's up to you)

2 comments:

Shae said...

This is a good idea...

If we did start another blog we could call it eater of the cheerios

Kathy said...

That sounds like fun! Yay Saturday Night Baking!