Friday, January 23, 2009

Meandering topics

It was so warm today that I gladly bundled everybody up and went outside to play in the snow. Abby was the first to want inside. I took Naomi in when Abby wanted in, but really I think she would have been happy to stay outside longer. It was actually Omi's first time to play in the snow. She looked so cute in her little snow pants. None of my others had such little snow pants.

Today was also Naomi's first time riding in a big girl carseat. This is a milestone I am grateful for. I love the infant carrier as long as the infant is small enough to be easily carried in it. But it seems so much more roommy in the van without it.

My former high school English teacher, Mrs. Fettig, dropped by for a visit yesterday more. She had called on Monday wondering is she could stop by. I had not heard from her in years, so it was really out of the blue. We had a very nice visit. She has six grandchildren, so she was not bothered by the craziness of our household. She was also very positive about our decision to homeschool.

It gladdened me to have her approval. She was one of my very favorite teachers, so her opinion means a lot to me.

You are probably wondering why I am posting on my blog on a Friday night? Actually I dropped the kiddos off at Nana's house and am waiting for Paul to get home. I was fixing a beef shank for dinner. But I burned it. So I am not sure if we are going out or what. I almost cried when I saw what I had done. I was looking forward to having a quiet dinner with Paul.

Ooh I hear my love coming into the house!!!

No comments: