Saturday, January 24, 2009

Italian Shoe

We had "old shoe" for dinner last night. For those of you unfamiliar with the backstory: When Paul and I were not yet married, I attempted to make him a special Vietnamese dinner. It was truly terrible. So at that point, we made a deal that if ever Paul was unwilling to eat something I cooked, he had to take me out to dinner. There haven't been very many times that I have cooked something so awful that Paul wouldn't eat it. But there have been a few times that I really wanted to go out. So I would take an old shoe and put in on Paul's dinner plate.

So we started calling restaurant food "old shoe". My severely burned beef shank was clearly not edible. So we went out to Casa D'angelo. Paul was brave and tried something new "Pollo Pamigiano" He usually gets the "Penne con salscilia y pepperoni". I had the "Insalate Casaburo" generally called Casa Salad.

Then we came back home to air out the house from the really burned beef smell. And we watched McGyver together.

Right now, Paul and the boys are making biscuits together. It's really cute.

Paul got up and took care of the kiddoes this morning and let me sleep in.

I love my husband!

No comments: