Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Prayer Update

As many of you know, Jess's mother has been battling cancer. What began as lung cancer spread to her liver. Several weeks ago they quit chemo therapy because it was making her too ill. Since then her decline has been very rapid. Jess was able to take six weeks off to spend time with her mother.

I received word this morning from Jess that her mother has been given 24 to 48 hours to live. I know in some ways this will be a relief, because her suffering has been so severe. And it is the expected ending of a very long saga. I know, though that it will be very difficult for the family. So please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your prayers and support both recently and over the past 2 1/2 years. My mother passed away this evening, here at home, with all the family around.

I am doing as well as can be expected, but would particularly appreciate prayers for my father, and for my sister Whitaker.

-Jess