Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Prayer to the most Glorious God

O Lord, you are most glorious!
O Lord, you are most grand!
Lead my heart on your path,
For by Your word I will stand.
I can't promise perfection,
But I promise I will try
To be a better servant,
To stand with You by and by.
I will not follow those who tempt my heart.
Though I may fall into sin
You'll give me a clean start.
Thank You for your unconditional love
And Your tranquilizing presence.
For the things I've spoken of,
I give You all I have, Lord.
To you, my Lord, I give my life.
I promise I'll follow and trust you
Though I may be stricken with pain and strife.
Cleanse me, Lord! Make me Your tool!
Take me, Lord, Just as I be!
Help me learn to serve you better.
Cleanse me, Lord! And make me free
From the burden of my sin.
Carry me all the way.
Be with me through thick and thing.
This, O Lord, is all I pray.
Thank You and Amen.

No comments: