Thursday, March 13, 2008

NAKing practice

So I've tried to start some outrageous number of posts. I'm not very good at NAKing though, so I usually don't get very far. But here's some updates:

Isaac is talking a lot more. It's often difficult to understand him, but I love his little phrases like "um tuck" for dump truck and "edder" for together. It's hard to believe that he'll be two next month. He really keeps me on my toes. He already managed to get into the medicine cabinet and take a bunch of acidophilus tablets (praise God it was only those).

Sammy has become much more active and has put on quite a bit of weight. He's starting to count fairly well, and it working on his ABCs. One of the cutest things he does, though, is to hold up two fingers (one on each hand) and ask what number it is. Of course, people tell him it's two. But he insists that it is eleven.

Abigail can write her name now. Her G is usually sideways though. She really likes connect the dots puzzles. She also has developed the hobby of cutting papers into really tiny pieces. I make sure to save junk mail for this purpose. She is an excellent big sister.

Naomi, we have discovered, is allergic to everything. Okay not really everything. Life has been much more peaceful, though, since our discovery that she is allergic to rice.

Peaceful until the children contracted a Coxsackievirus virus. It's the same virus that causes hand, foot and mouth disease. Not to be confused with foot in mouth disease which I have contracted a time or two (the closed mouth gathers no foot). The children have bumps that are similar to chicken pox. Naomi has been screaming most of the time for three days.

Life with four children is really quite amazing though. There are so many moments where I am just overwhelmed by how truly blessed I am. I can only pray that God will give me the strength to train them up in the way that they should go.

Well Naomi is done eating, so I guess I'm going to disappear again.

No comments: