Saturday, March 8, 2008

March comes in like a lion...

... or perhaps more like a polar bear. As in a white March. It had looked like it was going to be a busy weekend with meetings, a retreat with the young Catholic adult group I'm involved with and visiting the family.

Instead, we got snow. Amazing how crystallized water (or I guess water in any of its states) can really rearrange a person's schedule.

This evening, I came home from work, had dinner, then went out and shoveled the drive. At the beginning of the winter I was a lot better at doing this in a timely fashion. This past week or two (or is it month?) I slacked off a bit. In part because it would snow, then get warm enough the snow would melt and what's the use of shoveling if it will just melt in a day or two anyways? So now there is a layer of ice under the layer of snow. What was I thinking, that spring would come to Cleveland in March? I should have know better.

Looking out the window, in the morning I will have to shovel again. On the bright side, I will hopefully catch up on my sleep and housework this weekend, since it doesn't look like I'll be traveling. I've already taken one nap. Hmm... maybe I should double-check the local Mass times. Hopefully though, the roads will be clear enough to visit the family this weekend.

Well, I hope everyone is staying warm and if the road conditions are as awful where you are as they are where I am, hopefully you don't have to travel anywhere anytime soon.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Some of the neighbor kids across the street had the sleds out to slide down the piles of snow from the shoveled driveway.