Tuesday, January 1, 2008

If it doesn't have a tale...

... it must not be part of the story of my life. So does that mean the story of my life is a monkey? Or am I simply combining Silly Song lyrics?

Anyhow, this weekend was quite the saga. But just the highlights. I spent the weekend leading into New Year's in Ft. Wayne. Two different parts of town, courtesy of multiple Rose friends in the area. In fact, all of the blogs authors were in Ft. Wayne for New Year's (but never in the same location at one time). It was a good time to see random Rose folks (and some random non-Rose folks).

The end of the year is also a good time to remember things that I know I've learned before but can always use a reminder. Like how children's books can really boil down some big ideas in life and present them in a simple matter that even I should be able to understand. Also, that family has more to do with legalities. My own technical official family has always been large, but since beginning college my unofficial family has grown considerably. We seem to be continuously challenged to be at the same place at the same time, but as the Christmas song says "someday soon we all will be together" but we'll muddle through somehow until that day comes. And, for the sake of argument, we've never all been in the same place at the same time. (I need to keep reminding myself of this last part, it reminds me to be thankful over the folks I do see rather than mourning something that 's never happened).

Back to the holiday weekend. It was nice to see to new baby, and I hope everyone is feeling better soon. My goddaughter is walking and likes to try to pet kitty cats. And I didn't have to listen to computer gaming talk all of New Year's eve, which was a concern of mine. So, all in all, an enjoyable weekend. Well, with the exception of the sick folks-- both those I saw and didn't see due to illness. I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Now off to shovel snow. There probably really isn't enough snow to be worth shoveling, but it makes me feel like I've done something useful if I take care of the matter. The snow shovel doesn't have a tail... does that make it an ape?

No comments: