Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am not Super Mom

God has to keep reminding me of this, lest I get too prideful.

This afternoon, I went to get some meat out of the deep freeze to thaw for dinner. I felt the meat. It clearly did not need to be thawed. In fact none of the meat was still frozen. Fortunately it was still good. It just needed to be cooked immediately to prevent spoilage.

So I started cooking. After cooking seven pot roasts (or at least getting them started), five meatloaves, and browning four pounds of ground beef, I realized I desperately needed help. So I called my parents over. After six hours of being on my feet cooking meat, I was too worn out. So Nana and Papa finished the job for me. I do not even know how many pounds of meat we cooked.

We only had a little (ten pounds or so) that had to be thrown out. All of the organ meat (heart/liver) had to be disposed of.

Anyway, if I didn't have such wonderful parents I could not possibly have managed.

I think I am done craving beef for now.

Hopefully we will not need a new deep freeze.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Wow, what a feat. Where did all of the cooked meals go if the freezer wasn't working?