Friday, August 28, 2009

Only Once????

So we had a lovely vacation in New York last week. It was my intent to blog all about it. There are some real gems of stories. But my last few days have been a little busy.

On Monday I noticed that Sam had quite a few spots on his legs. Since we'd just been camping, I figured they were bug bites. There were a few more on Tuesday. I thought maybe it was poison ivy. So I put benadryl on them. Then I took him to his therapy evaluations at the hospital (I'll report on those later). Afterwards we went to Nana's house and I took Abby to gymnastics.

By this point Sam was covered with spots. I got online and looked at pictures of rashes. The only rash that really looked like them was chicken pox. But he'd already had chicken pox (and been vaccinated for it) so it couldn't be that.

It got bad enough that I decided to take him to Redimed (the regular doctor's office was closed by that time). After waiting for an hour and a half the doctor saw us.

He looked as Sam's rash. Then he said he was going to consult with his colleague. We waited some more. The other doctor came him. They quickly diagnosed him with chicken pox.

The worst part was when they looked at his throat. The roof of his mouth is covered with chicken pox. They say it will probably take a couple weeks for those to heal. He's eating lots of pudding and jello and not much else. And even so, his poor little mouth was bleeding today.

His ears are also covered.

His temp has been fluctuating between 99 and 101. Which is pretty high for a little guy who's normally less than 97.

Omi has three spots, and is acting a little cranky. Isaac has about a dozen spots and is acting like a crazy madman (even more hyper than usual).

Abby, is just fine, except that she has been a bit upset about not being allowed to live off of pudding and jello.

In short we could use some prayers. Especially for Sam.

No comments: