Monday, April 27, 2009

The terrific 3s have begun again

Isaac turned 3 on Friday. We had a nice little party yesterday. It was fun. I made a cake that resembled a train for him. It was actually yummy, so that made up for the fact that it didn't quite look like a train. It's hard to believe he is actually 3 already. He is definitely my most mischevious child. He is so strong-willed. It's not that he means to be defiant, he just intends to get what he wants.

The other day I was in the restroom and because I wanted a couple of minutes of privacy (how dare I?) I locked the door. Isaac, realizing that it was locked, went and found a screwdriver to unlock it. He opened the door and said "Mommy, I unlocked it, you can come out now!" It seems he thought I was trapped inside. It was really hard to punish him when he clearly thought he was my hero.

He is also the most demonstrative of my children. He is always wanting hugs and kisses. And he loves to cuddle and sit on my lap. I love to cuddle all of my children, so I am grateful to have one who wants to cuddle.

1 comment:

Manda said...

That is so awesome! What a little engineer in the making, I love it. It reminds me of some of Zollers' stories about his "helpfulness" as a child.

Happy birthday to Isaac!
-Manda. ^_^