Saturday, April 4, 2009

2

This morning Paul took Abby to Home Depot for a class to make a birdhouse. It is really cute. While he was there Nana and Papa had the younger three. This left me home alone to get a lot accomplished. I did get a lot accomplished. I accomplished reading The Secret by Beverly Lewis. I won't spoil it for anyone who may not have read it and is planning to, but I will say that I was not altogether surprised to find out what "the secret" was.

Paul bought the book for me last night on our date. We went to Family Christian to buy a Bible for Abby as a gift for her baptism. It was not as easy as I expected. We had in mind to buy a real Bible that had some pictures in it. We did not want a "Children's Bible". We were thinking along the lines of the "Third Grade Bible" that Paul has which has some line art illustrations or like the NKJV with the Precious Moments pictures that was so popular in my childhood. We ended up getting an NKJV with an illustrated concordance. I wish I had started the search sooner and then I probably would have ordered something online.

At the store I do not think the salesladies understood what I was looking for at all, since they kept directing me back to the Children's Bibles.

I am so excited about Abby's Baptism. It is such an amazing thing.

--------------------------------

In other notes I weighed in yesterday for the end of my three month challenge. My goal was to lose 11 pounds and I lost two. Not really great success. My new goal is to lost five pounds by Mother's day weekend. It should be a little easier now that it is warm and we can play outside.
I am praying for more self-control. It is the fruit of the spirit that I believe is least manifest in my life. But I do see it becoming more evident as I pray.

I have given up both cola and coffee for the most part (though I do drink them occasionally). It is not so hard now as it was at first. But I am painfully resistent to the mere thought of giving up tea. I know addictions are not good. I wonder if it would be easier to avoid the caffeine addiction if it were not so socially acceptable.

Another thought on the diet note is that I have cut approximately 500 calories from my daily intake so I should be losing just over one pound a week. But, since Omi is no longer nursing, I can't burn calories as easily either. I wonder how many calories I was burning a day just to make milk.

I miss nursing Omi. I really miss having a baby. That probably sounds crazy.

My children are so delightful, though, that I will just focus on enjoying them right now.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the heads-up that there is a new book! Now to see how long I am on the library waiting list.

Congratulations again to Abby.

M LO said...

I've started drinking 1 and a half to 2 gallons of water a day. It completely killed my desire for cola. Coffee is another story though. But the water is awesome. I feel really healthy and I've found it's actually hard to keep weight on when I drink that much water. Sure, I pee a lot, but I've gotten used to it, and David has come to accept that I will have to pee at least three times when we go anywhere.

Oh, I think we'll be in town for the Easter and baptism. My nephews are being baptized the following weekend and I've been asked to be their godmother, so we'll be in Indiana from the 10th to the 19th. No doubt this is the first you've heard of it since David likes to keep these things a surprise. Looking forward to seeing everyone.