Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"God is a turtle"

The kids and I have been doing a daily devotional. We do it after lunch and before nap. First we pray, then we practice our memory verse, then we do the lesson, then we pray, then we sing, then I read Bible stories until nap time.

Today Sammy kept saying "God is a turtle!" And I said "no God made turtles." Finally he adamantly insisted "In the book, yesterday it said that God is a turtle!!!" If you know Sammy, you know he can get pretty worked up about things.

And then I explained to him that no, the lesson yesterday said that "God is eternal". I can see how the two things can sound pretty similar. So we talked more about what eternal means.

Abby is really getting a lot out of the devotions. I am so blessed to see her learning and understanding.

She has told me she would like to be baptized. So we will have to talk to Pastor Mike about that.

And on the days when the house is a wreck and I can't find a clean pair of pants I will remind myself that we are on track where it really matters.

1 comment:

Manda said...

This entry makes me chuckle every time I think about it. ^_^

-Manda.