Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Choppy-Co Birds

Abby has been talking on and on and on about Choppy-Co Birds. At first I had no idea what she was talking about. Then I realized that she meant TROPICAL. But there is no convincing her that she has the word wrong. Finally I realized that it was a senseless argument. And I am sure that eventually she will learn that parrots are tropical and not choppy-co.

------

And sense I am already posting...

One of our favorite games to play is "Duck, Duck, Goose". Omi can't really play yet. But she likes to sit in the circle with us. And we make sure to tap her on the head and say "duck". But we don't goose her. Well last night she started walking around in circles and tapping herself on the head saying "duck, duck, duck, duck" I was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen.

Right now my children have started viciously attacking each other with stuffed animals. I asked Abby what they were doing. She told me they were "being Egyptian children and fighting."

And early today Abby looked a the globe and asked "What's this big blue place?" I looked and replied "It's China." Then I looked at the tag in her shirt and showed her that it was made in China. Then we had a geography lesson about where a variety of things were made. (Bangladesh, Phillipines, Honduras, but mostly China) And the globe itself was made in the USA.

People ask me sometimes "What do you do for fun?" And then sometimes they specify "Other than taking care of your children, what do you do with yourself?" It really bothers me. I do have some hobbies. And I do love to go on dates with my wonderful husband. But none of that is nearly as fun as spending a day playing with my children. But they almost never believe that, and then they tell me that I need to get out more.

But oddly enough, when I do get out more, it usually just makes me grumpy.

No comments: