Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Standing in the need of Prayer

I'm still not feeling great so this is going to be a rambled and disjointed list.

-Paul's mom is battling some health concerns. She is a fairly private person so I am guessing she would rather I not share specifics, but she could certainly use your prayers. We have already seen God working a blessing, in that she her job was supposed to end this Friday, but the layoff has been temporarily rescinded so that she can keep her insurance for the time being.

-Anne's grandpa passed away this weekend. He was 88 and it was not totally unexpected. Still the family is grieving. It will be a large adjustment for Anne's grandma as they had been married 68 years.

-We are all still fighting the flu here. I was in the ER Monday morning, with severe asthma symptoms. It's definitely bronchitis, possibly pneumonia, but without a chest x-ray it's impossible to know. Paul has not been in to work this week. He is doing a bit better today. But his fever yesterday was around 103 and probably higher at other times (we seem to have lost the thermometer --Abby thinks it is under the refrigerator). All of the children are still sick to varying degrees. We seem to get better and then worse again.

-I am sick of being sick. It's been two weeks now.

-Happy Birthday to all of the Birthdays I have missed or will miss. You know who you are. We even have a present for Manda (THE BIG 30) that will hopefully be delivered sometime before Christmas.

-Thanks to all the veterans and active military. We appreciate all your sacrifices.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Prayers coming your way. I really hope you all start recovering soon; two weeks is a long time to be battling the flu! =(

Thanks for the b-day wishes and I don't care if the present ever comes as I never expect anything like that (meaning, don't stress about getting it here). I appreciate all the happy thoughts sent my way though as they are extra special to me. ^_^

Much love and prayers coming your way!
-Manda.

Kathy said...

You're in our prayers too! Hope everyone feels better soon!