Thursday, July 16, 2009

Knowing is Easier

I had an OB visit today and an ultrasound. There will clearly only be one baby. A very small gestational sac is still visible in the ultrasound, but it appears to be collapsing.

While I am saddened about the lost twin, I still find it easier to know for sure.

The healthy baby is now about 41 mm long and is looking like a baby now. The heart rate is 178, which is on the very high end of normal. Higher heart rates often indicate a girl baby. So with that and my increased sickness, I feel fairly confident that it is a girl.

The children think we should call the baby Sarah if it's a girl. I don't know if we will use that name or not, or if we did what middle name we would use. I like the name Sarah Katherine, but I don't know how Paul would feel. I also like the name Micaiah (Mi-kay-uh) . But I believe it would not be a good middle name for Sarah. Too much "ah". But it would be a good middle name for Ruth. Sarah Ruth also wouldn't be a bad combo. But I am reluctant to use both of those names together since I might want to reserve one as a first name in case we have another girl someday. Paul and I have a harder time agreeing on girl's names he has already vetoed a couple of my favorites, and we like both of those.

All of this is just rambling. We may well choose something completely different. Or the baby might surprise us and be a boy after all.

3 comments:

Manda said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss, but glad that you feel it is easier knowing for sure. I wish you the best of luck on choosing a name - we still don't have one. You and the family are in our prayers.

Kathy said...

Well, I know the name Katherine means "pure" and I believe "Sarah" is princess. Ruth is a good name too.

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you, and will continue to do so!