Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sleepy Mommy

We are all home sick this morning. I have been up since I think about 4 AM. Longing for the time when Paul wakes up well enough to watch the kiddos so I can go back to sleep. Isaac has an especially terrible cough. He also threw up all over me this morning. Fortunately it didn't get on the carpet, as clothing is much easier to wash.

I hate it when the children are ill because it exposes my weakness as a mother. No matter how hard I try there is often not much I can do to help. And it just breaks my little hard to hold them and not be helpful. At the same time, though, it is kind of an amazing thing to be able to offer them comfort just by holding them close.

Paul has not given up on CMU yet. He has one reasonable avenue for funding that he is still pursuing.

Our mortgage is almost paid off. First we had to wait for the pay-off quote to arrive. Now we have to get a cashiers check, because they will not accept a pay-off with a personal check. I suppose I could understand that if the pay-off was particularly large. But it isn't. So it would seem that the same checks from the same account I have been paying with for the last several years would be perfectly legit.

There will be a party for Kathy and Don sometime this spring. They haven't decided on a specific day yet, but it is looking like mid-May or early June. I will send out an email invite once details have been decided.

The other day I took Isaac out on a "date". When I asked him where he wanted to go he said "Walgreens". We ended up going to McDonald's, Meijer, and Salvation Army. At McDonald's there was a very sweet family with eight children. When I first came in there was a gentleman standing in line with a 7ish boy who was holding a baby. The man then proceeded to order 12 sandwiches (all from the dollar menu) 3 large fries, 4 large drinks (all drinks at McD's here are $1) and a dozen cookies. Then I looked over and saw his wife and there other six children. I wonder if we will look that someday. Anyway, I made a point of telling them that they had a lovely family, as I know a lot of large families get very negative remarks.

Isaac didn't really want to play at McD's; he was scared to play alone. But he was excited that I let him order whatever he wanted. But for him, the best part of the night was SA and the orange hat that I bought for him. He wouldn't even take the hat off to go to bed that night.

I have been taking the kids out on at a time, taking turns. Next week is supposed to be Omi's turn. So far she hasn't told me what she wants to do. (So I guess I better figure out what I want to do).

No comments: