Saturday, April 19, 2008

Minty thoughts

A few weeks ago when I had the flu, I read that ginger is very good at fighting the influenza virus. So I consumed loads of ginger (I made ginger tea, ginger jello, ginger popsicles, etc.). I worked amazingly well. So the other day when I started feeling sick, I tried taking some ginger. It turns out that ginger doesn't do diddly squat against a cold. So, right now I am drinking a cup of peppermint tea and coughing my lungs out. I am thinking about heading to Walgreens to buy some chloroseptic lozenges. I might buy some chicken soup, too.

The three older ones are at Nana's house. The house seems so quiet when they are away. Now would be an excellent time to be working on my book? Did I tell you I was writing a book? It's all about pregnancy. I know there are enough books out there already, but mine is going to be a book of humor and practical tips (such as how to make your own maternity pants).

I've made an outline and have written part of the first chapter. If anyone of you have a useful tip that you'd like me to work into the story, let me know and maybe I can work it in. Or if you have a funny story about pregnancy. Or about sex ed class or NFP or birth control (for that matter). You don't have to have been pregnant to be a contributor.

No comments: